- We at TEMENGGONG ARTISTS-IN-RESIDENCE LTD. (“Temenggong”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) take our responsibilities under Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (the “PDPA”) seriously. We recognise the importance of safeguarding the personal data you have provided us and it is our responsibility to properly manage, protect and process your personal data.
For the purposes of this Policy:
- “User” means an individual who (a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any goods or services we provide, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any goods or services by us; or (c) uses this website; and
- “personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
- Other terms used in this Policy shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
2. PERSONAL DATA
Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include but are not limited to: your name and identification information such as your NRIC number, contact information such as your address, email address or telephone number, nationality, gender, date of birth, marital status, photographs and other audio-visual information, employment information and financial information such as credit card numbers, debit card numbers or bank account information or information about your use of our website and services, including cookies, IP addresses.
As required under the PDPA, we will take reasonable care to protect your personal data from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
3. COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We generally do not collect your personal data unless (a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”) after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or (b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law). Where we disclose your personal data to third parties with your consent, we will employ our best efforts to require such third parties to protect your personal data. We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
- performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
- verifying your identity;
- responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
- managing your relationship with us;
- processing payment or credit transactions;
- sending you marketing information about our goods or services including notifying you of our events, productions, shows, exhibitions, any services that we, our partners or third party organisations with whom we are collaborating may be selling or marketing, marketing events, initiatives and promotions, lucky draws, membership and rewards schemes and other promotions;
- complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
- administrative matters on your sign-ups and/or registrations or admissions information e.g. workshops, classes, events, activities, mailing lists, etc.;
- conducting market research and customer satisfaction surveys on our goods and/or services;
- any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
- transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes;
- any other purposes that we notified you of at the time of obtaining your consent; and/or
- any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
4. WITHDRAWAL OF YOUR CONSENT
- The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
- Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
- Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing by writing to the Data Protection Officer (details are set out below).
- Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
5. ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
- Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
- We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
6. PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, encryption and the use of privacy filters to secure all storage and transmission of personal data by us, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
- You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
8. RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
- We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
9. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
10. NON-AFFILIATION DISCLAIMER
Please note that, save as otherwise stated in our website, Temenggong and its management are in no way affiliated, associated, authorised, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with any other company, agency or government agency, legal entity, in particular, any entity or any of its subsidiaries and/or its affiliates managing, operating and/or using the facilities at 18 / 20 Temenggong Road, whether past or present, such as Hillside 1820 or Temenggong 1820 or Temenggong House, etc. and any of his / her / its events, projects, vendors, shows, exhibitions, activities, programmes and content.
- Please be informed that Temenggong maintains the following:
- this website www.temenggong.sg
- Facebook / Instagram: @temenggongsg
(hereinafter referred to as the “Official Platforms”)
Save for the Official Platforms, Temenggong does not maintain and is no way affiliated, associated or connected with any other websites, social media, links, or any other platforms. When in doubt, please contact us for verification and confirmation.
11. COOKIES AND TRACKING POLICY
a. We may use “cookies”, where a small data file is sent to your browser to store and track information about you when you enter our websites. The cookie is used to track information such as the number of users and their frequency of use, profiles of users and their preferred sites. While this cookie can tell us when you enter our sites and which pages you visit, it cannot read data off your hard disk. The information we obtain will not usually contain your personal data.
b. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
d. Logfile information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. When you use this website, our servers automatically record certain information your web browser sends. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, the number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information, but should not include your personal data and information.
12. GOVERNING LAW
This Policy and your use of this website shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore. For the avoidance of doubt, the applicable data protection laws will apply to the processing of your personal data.
13. REVIEW OF THIS POLICY
a. As part of our efforts to ensure that your Personal data is properly managed, protected and processed and to ensure compliance with the applicable legislations, we will review our policies, procedures and processes from time to time.
b. We reserve the right to alter this Policy at anytime at our absolute discretion without prior written notice. The amended Policy will be posted on our website from time to time. When we do, we will revise the updated date at the bottom of this page. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
c. Please do check this our website regularly to remain well informed of our latest privacy policies.
14. CONTACTING US
If you have any queries about this Policy, have any enquiries or feedback on our data protection policies and procedures or any queries relating to your Personal data, or you would like to obtain access and/or make corrections to your personal data records, please contact us at:
- Temenggong Artists-In-Residence, 28 Temenggong Road Singapore 098775
- Address: 28 Temenggong Road Singapore 098775
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All images and videos published at www.temenggong.sg / @temenggongsg remains the copyrights and property of Temenggong Artists-In-Residence, unless expressed otherwise. Please email for usage permission. Thank you.
With effect from our year of establishment 2009
Last Updated: 31 Dec 2022